Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wow! Week three!!

Time is flying! This weekend was a whirlwind of activities... prepping and then having my daughters birthday party on Saturday then when that was over going to a going away party for a guy that I fondly call "my second husband" or the "boyfriend" depending on the mood.

My little bird is getting ready to fly away to join the military and will be in the Navy starting this Wednesday. (can I get a collective 'awwwww!' here? *L*) So so proud of him and glad to be there to support him in his endeavors along the way!! Here's a picture of us from last night- not the greatest, but my 10 year old took it, so I think it's pretty awesome :) (and I figure it's the only pic I'll get of us before he does leave)










Can I get another "awwwww"? Just love this kid!





Now, onto the challenges for this week that I had to bust butt today and get done since I was so crazy busy all weekend! :)



Challenge 11: I flipped this one on its side and used two frames- a slidemount and one of the Chatterbox wood frames. Also used a whole box of the Chatterbox tacks on the side of the layout- was so proud of myself for that one- I have SO many of those that I never use! *L*















Challenge 12: Use three different punches. The sketch had stars on it and I just wanted to run with that... so this is what I came up with :)






















Challenge 13- use old sticker sheets. Now I JUST used stickers last week, so this was even harder for me! *L* I couldn't find the ones I was after, but found some of my old K&Co Fire Dept. ones to use up!



















Challenge 14: Use an oversized element. Easy peasy with the amount of Junkitz Flowerz that I have! :) Glad to get these pictures on some paper, finally!!!















Challenge 15: Use three different rub ons. Pretty easy on this one too (and I LOVE multi-page sketches!) I'm sure they're hard to see but there is a hand near picture on the left page, another rubon of an arrow on the right, the black around the circle is a rub on, and there are also rub on corners on the right page top side. They were all from some Basic Grey rub ons that I picked up at Big Lots a LONG time ago. :) Another one of those things that I'm happy to use up!













I have to give some kudos out to Lori and Apron Strings- amazing challenges and I'm so proud that I've gotten 15 layouts done this month so far! Woooohooo!!! (Also I've won som GREAT prizes- one kit that I've gotten already and can NOT wait to use!!) What a great kick in the behind! ;)



Ok, now I'm going to take my tired butt to bed! I have to get up for work in the AM and I know 6 is going to come quickly!

Nite! :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow - great job on this week's challenges. Glad to be a kick in the behind. Now, if I could just kick myself, I might actually get something done. :)

JulesinParadise said...

Cheryl, you sure have been using the challenges to the best...lovely layouts and congrats on your son!