Friday, August 29, 2008

I suck, I know....

I've been so flippin' busy at work that I haven't had a free moment to blog! Urg!!!


First and foremost the big news is that I'm going to be an Aunt again!!! My younger brother (the middle one) and his girlfriend are preggo! I believe I remember the due date is going to be in late March/early April. :) So congrats to them and everyone is so excited!!!


Kids started back to school- so far so good and everyone seems happy. :) I was a bit bitter at not being able to be there for thier first day- especially Cody's first day of Kindergarten. So I was uber biotchy that day. ;) Slowly getting over it but ya know.
Speaking of starting back to school guess who else is trying it?? me! I have one more class for my associates degree and I keep wondering why I just don't take it and get that darned piece of paper! So... I've filled out paper work, going thru the motions and I just have to register still. Class starts on Monday the 8th. :) Wish me luck!!!!


A few weeks ago I got to go and hang out with the guys while they did fire training. Played with the camera a bit and got a few really neat shots that I loved including this one:

As Ry says, "I only wish the hose was charged" Yeah- that would look even better, but I'd rather not ever be THAT close to the fire scene of a working structure fire. :P

My only other thought is that I'd love to have had a better camera to play with... but I guess you gotta take what you can get, right? :)

Also I was TAGGED!!! Gwen (You can visit her here: http://gwendolynmarie.blogspot.com/ )

She's right when she says that it's like a bad blogging chain letter, but who am I to stop the fun? *L* So without further stalling on my part...

RULES:

1. Link the person who tagged you (K. did that above.)

2. Mention the rules on your blog (check)

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours (below...)

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them & leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they have been tagged. (more below... )

I just have to say I'm glad that I have to list "unspectacular quirks" cause I don't know that I have any spectacular ones! *L*

1. When I leave work every day my desk HAS to be clean. No papers strewn everywhere, things have to be clean, tidy, and in order.

2. Same thing w/my scrapping- I have to clean up after EVERY layout. I can NOT start another one with stuff strewn all over my desk!!!

3. I've been told (cause I NEVER noticed it before) that when I'm eating finger foods like sandwiches and stuff that I ALWAYS rip them apart before I eat them.

4. Same as Gwen- I HAVE to be covered when I'm sleeping... and I always sleep better when Domino is curled up next to me. :)

5. I have to visit Post Secret, Failblog, and see my LOL cats/dogs EVERY week. Sometimes multiple times a week. ;)

6. Last I can not go ONE week without taking a picture. If I do I will go into withdrawl and start shaking uncontrollably. Ok, not really, but it REALLY bugs me. *L*

That would bring me to my next rule.... who should I pick on now??? :)

How about:

Val http://www.gig-harbor-scrapper.blogspot.com/

Theresa http://mymiraculouslife.blogspot.com/

Jules http://postingfromparadise.blogspot.com/

Cynthia http://rnjetta.typepad.com/

Bev http://countryfrogcreations.blogspot.com/

Annie http://justascrapdork.blogspot.com/

Sorry guys. ;)

Ok, going to get some work done here and bask in the fact that it's friday- with a LONG weekend ahead!!! Everyone have a safe holiday and I'll talk to you again soon! :)

2 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

found your blog...I had lost you! Thanks for the tag...hope to get it up within the next couple of days!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! You and my hubby are such bad bloggers!! LOL! I’m glad to see such a long post, though.

Congrats to your brother and his girlfriend! I guess I am going to have to come up and do a maternity and/or baby photo session with them! See if they are interested. Of course there will be no charge for it and I’ll put all of the photos on a CD for them. I will be in the Burgh again for Christmas (hopefully she’ll have a cute baby bump by then) or again during the preseason (when baby may be old enough to start smiling and stuff).

Love the fire truck pic!! It’s awesome how you caught the light like that!

If you want to get a good camera but one that’s still relatively affordable I would go for the Canon Rebel. I think that may be our next camera, but I can’t quite afford it. With a new rebel out I think the XTI should be going down in price. We financed our Nikon through Ritz Camera and had a year to pay it off with no interest. Maybe you could check that out?

Also, if you are taking pictures every week I expect to see more pics on your blog! : p I notice you have been posting more lately, which is awesome! Being all the way down here your blog is my way of keeping up with what’s going on in your life!

P.S. You can come clean my desk any day!